Best thing in the world? DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. I woke up more refreshed than ever. Happy Elder Jack, here!
Things I did this week: Monday, I did not get the
much needed haircut I was planning on (So I will do that today), Tuesday
we meet with a member of the Gemeinde name Schwester Höscht. She used
to be Jahovah's Witness, but told us her crazy story of converting
because of a series of dreams and encounters with missionaries. She also
made a really yummy meal of stuffed Paprika. Yum! I still have not had a
bad meal made by a German. Then we met with the old man from the
kitchen window named Opa Rudi. This man is so funny! He used to meet
with missionaries and wanted to get baptized at one point but his wife,
who is in his words "Fantatically Katholisch" would not let him and also
made him give his Book of Mormon back. But I think he is secretly
meeting with us now. He is funny. I also helped with some home teaching
and then we went to German class one of the members teaches us. I
learned the tongue-twister (because I asked for it): Der cottbusser
Postkutscher putzt den cottbusser Postkutschkasten. Phew! Fun stuff.
During the week we also met with an old couple named
Delpine. That was a legit German meal. It reminded me a lot of the meal I
had with my favorite German teacher back at home, except there was less
food here. kind of. Germans do not drink very much liquid so sometimes
it is hard to get stuff down. But es schmeckt sehr gut! Bruder Delpine
was in WWII (I think he fought on the Nazi side). They are pretty old.
The both of them do family history like CRAZY! She showed us a record
she was working on that dated back to 1638. Oh, do we have work to do in
family history, or what! It was so cool to see that they had such a
passion for it.
We also met with a new investigator. She has been
personally investigating the church for a few years now, but never met
with the missionaries. Very accepting. Very prepared. She did say that
joining our church would make her lose some of the friends from her
Freichrist Evangelisch church. There is always something to give up, but
we know that sacrificing for the Lord is always going to give us
blessings.
Friday we went on an Austausch with the AP's. We sat down and decided we needed a young
single adult who was male. So five minutes later we found him.
We
already talked to him at another appointment, gave him the Book of
Mormon and everything. We had a Termine for day set out, but he texted
us and said his parents did not want him reading the Book of Mormon
because they did not believe in Jesus Christ. (Forgot to mention he grew
up Muslim but lost his faith). He was very open to learning but now I
think he is not allowed to. I find it very sad that people are being
withheld from learning because they are constrained by parents or
something. HOWEVER, I admire that he honors his parents. He is a cool
dude. His name is Jasko, and he is Serbian (but grew up in Germany).
On that note, I feel like there are less Germans
living in Germany than anyone else. It is hard to find them! At least in
my area, I feel like I am in Turkey.
Oh yeah,
and last night we met with an inactive family. She got offended by
members of the Gemeinde and is very stubborn. I just bore testimony of
what I know I am supposed to do and how doing it has blessed me. I don't
know if she cared, but oh I tried. And she fed us a delicious
cheesecake. Mmmmm!
I also found out that the Branch Präsident's wife is going to do an "Ich bin Mormone" video. COOL!
I
do not know if the link to the address on the blog works, but it has
the address of the mission office, where I receive packages and letters.
I do not hve the address memorized so I can not say now what it is, but
for when my family feels like sending packages of goodies they should
send them to the address that is linked on the blog. ...I do not know if
that works though.
Liebe grüße from Deustchland, Elder Jack!
No comments:
Post a Comment