This was my first full week with my new companion Elder King. It's
going to be a great next few weeks! I don't know about all the other
missionaries in the Mission field, but I can still say that I have
really really enjoyed being with all of my companions and that being
stuck with someone for a Long time really teaches me a lot. I learn so
much from each Person I am with! It is fun fun fun!
It rained a lot last week, but is now more than
warm. I am happy to be wearing a short-sleeved Shirt... but
unfortunately, many People are happy to be wearing much less already as
well.
This week we were talking to a great investigator of ours who
has a hard time grasping the concept of Jesus Christ as the Son of God,
therefore also the Redeemer of the World, and the one who made
unlimited potential for all of us an Option. We are trying to figure out
ways to simply explain it, but it mostly Comes down to the simple few
Facts of the restoration: Christ established his church, there was an
apostacy from the truth about Christ's Gospel, Joseph Smith received an
answer to his prayer in which he saw God the Eternal Father with His Son
Jesus Christ right by him, and the Book of Mormon provides evidence of
the calling of Joseph Smith as Prophet and the divinity of Christ.
Anyone can know this! We just have to apply that Little Thing called humility.
I was also thinking this week about what the
doctrine of the church is about humans. If what the church teaches is
true (which I am thoroughly convinced of), then we have the potential to
have everlasting joy, be eternally alive, and always make Progress. We
are children of God! If that's not great, I don't know what is!! Of
course I am convinced of These truths, but I am not ignorant of what
others believe. But after having learned so much about other beliefs... I
wouldn't want to believe any other way!
Last night we went on a split with our awesome
Bishop and a great brother in the ward to go find "lost sheep" who
apparently live in our area. We found out that the address of one of the
Brothers we went to visit is no longer valid, but that his neighbor is a
member of our church. She also gave us his current address. What a
small miraculous world! Things like that don't just happen! We are so
blessed.
I learned a Little about South Park today. In no way
do I endorse the Show, but apparently it is educating the public about
the church. A lot. There was a cool guy we met on the Train the other
day who was bored because the Train fell out and we had to wait an extra
half hour until the next came. He picked up our Preach My Gospel to
read, but we ended up showing him a Book of Mormon, which we thought he
would find much more interesting. He talked up our Religion and asked if
Joseph Smith had really been visited by an angel and if we really have
Family night every week. He then noticed that the book was 700 pages (in
German) and concluded that he would read it all in two weeks. Challenge
Accepted. We are Meeting with him next week to see what happens.
I just love the Little miracles and the big miracles
we see all the time! We are so blessed when we are trying to bless the
lives of others!
I'm going to be an uncle!!!!!!
Love,
Elder Jack
Elder Jack
No comments:
Post a Comment