This week was a week of success! At least it felt like it. That was
really cool. We worked so hard this week to accomplish everything we
could and we thankfully saw things come of it!
There are really great members who stil struggle with coming to
church regularly with whom we work. They all seem to be making wonderful
progress in spiritual matters as well as in being simply happier
people. It is so wonderful to see how the gospel of Jesus Christ changes
people in a way that makes them happier. So wonderful. We are seeing
people develop the desire to come to church, to go to the temple, to
understand the scriptures, to understand God... all of it! I never
realized how many answers we have through the Book of Mormon that people
just do not know outside of reading it! It's an amazing thing, that
book.
The Book of Mormon was a great tool for us this week. We had a
street display which was semi-last-minute thrown together, from which we
were able to place 9 Books of Mormon in people's hands who were
interested. Cool, oder? But wait! In the entire week we handed out 21.
That's 21 people who are going to have the opportunity to find this
wonderful truth and understand the big WHY about so many things that do
not otherwise make sense in life! We do not always know if these people
will truly read like they say, but we for sure give them the opportunity
-- and those who will meet get lessons along with it! It's a pretty
good deal, in my opinion.
We had help from the member of our ward Pascal Friedmann again this
week. He is just great. He heads out on his mission in pretty much a
week, so we are really going to miss having him around to help, but I
know that he will be a huge help in the Alpine Mission!
We have a really cool investigator we met two weeks ago who came to
church with us, regularly reads the Book of Mormon, and really wants a
change in his life. People are placed in our path. So.Cool.
I also decided that I need candy in order to be happier. I honestly
think the days go better when I have something sweet in my mouth.
That's really funny to me, but I guess that means I just need more
Süßigkeiten! Ü ... guilty pleasure, maybe.
I also went on a split this week (there is usually one a week for
me, acutally) and found out on the other missionaries' scale that my
weight... has not changed. Ha! Take that, Germany! I can eat whatever I
want and I will be just fine! Or perhaps I am losing muscle and gaining
fat... which would also make the weight stay around the same. I will
pretend that that is not an option.
Things are going well right now! I am happy! (I did, after all, eat
candy for Breakfast). --- that was a joke. I am so grateful for the
blessings from the Lord as we work hard to help people understand his
nature and his wonderful plan. I have to remember to stay humble or we
won't be having weeks like this again!
Liebe Grüße,
Elder Jack
No comments:
Post a Comment