Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December 2, 2013

Phew, a lot has happened since last week! It's been crazy! Thursday we had transfers, so we went to the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof and took the ICE train to Köln, where we unloaded all my bags and stuff, met my new companion, then went and looked at the huge Kölndom right outside of the Köln Bahnhof (train station). Wow is that thing big, or what!? Then we took all the bags and got on another Bahn that was going to Bonn (I know, Bonn vs Bahn ...confusing, right?), where we got off to go straight to an appointment (still with my luggage bags). Guess what that appointment was? Kung-Fu.
That's right, Kung. Fu. One of the progressing investigators here teaches Kung-Fu at the rec center and since it's his class he lets the missionaries come and take the class for free! Haha, talk about a first day! This investigator is super cool and has a baptismal date for 28. Decemeber.  So, after Kung-Fu it was pretty late, so we got home, planned for the next day, and went straight to bed. That was day 1 in Bonn.

Oh yeah! And we ate fish. Happy Thanksgiving!

Day 2 consisted of a district meeting where we got to meet all the new people in the district. That was good. After that we went and ate leftovers from a real Thanksgiving dinner some other missionaries were given. Ah man. I really like Sweet Potatoes and turkey and stuffing. Sooo lecker! After this we went to a member's home to help her with moving. For 5 hours. We got home quite late again and pretty much just went to sleep. 

Day 3. We helped finish with the move. For 8 hours. It was really good for my muscles that were still sore from Kung-Fu to do some good heavy lifting! Haha, we couldn't get the bookshelves up the narrow staircase so we lifted them up to the top floor on a ladder through the window! The kind old man who drove us back home had this really cool Mercedes Benz with a heated/massaging/self-adjusting features. ...and he at one point went 240 kilometers per hour on the Autobahn with no problem (I promise we did not prompt him to go so fast!). Ü That was fun!

Then day 4. We went to church and all that cool stuff. It totally reminded me of a Utah ward because there were KIDS GALORE!! It was so great! I think people do not realize how wonderful it is that kids are running around and enjoying themselves when they are in church. I missed that in my last area. Eventually I got to finally unpack all of my bags. It felt so good to finally move myself in! Oh yeah, and we got a new investigator who is the husband of the sister-in-law of our current kung-fu investigator. Cool, huh?

My companion's name is Elder Robinson. I am more than excited to work with him. His focus on the work and getting it done correctly, efficiently, unw. is exactly what every mission needs!! I really love him already. He is super good at this. I can learn a lot from him. My main problem is moving into a different area of Germany and feeling like I do not understand German again. It's not horrible, but there are a few differences that I will just have to catch onto with the language. Ah well!! Something has to be a challenge, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment