Monday, December 30, 2013

December 30, 2013

Life's so good.
Saturday was the baptism for the wonderful Jensen family! The baptismal service was very beautiful.  Bruder Jensen's wife spoke about the Gift of the Holy Ghost after the thought about what baptism means from the ward mission leader. After these thoughts we went to the baptismal font where my companion, Elder Robinson, baptized Bruder Jensen. After this, we all regathered in the chapel and I had the chance to play some hymns as we waited for the two of them to change into some dry clothing. After comoing back, the mission leader shared a few short thoughts before a musical number. Bruder Jensen's sister-in-law sang the song "Whole Again" with me accompanying. Thankfully the song was easy to play. Then the bishop spoke about how great of an example he is being for his child (and maybe future children if that ever happens). Danach there was another musical number, which I played for again. This one was much more difficult, but that's okay because they gave it to me the night before --say what?! The night before?! That's okay because I used my super music-theory skills and simplified it a little. But it still sounded really good if I do say so myself. Whooo-hoo! Finally getting to use musical talents! It's great!!
Yesterday (Sunday) was the confirmation. The whole family who was able and we missionaries  stood in the circle as he received the  Gift of the Holy Ghost. What a beautiful thing.
So... success. That's what I got to see. And now I hope I have learned how to find more of it. Bruder Jensen is very special, though. It's not every investigator who is willing to teach you Kung-Fu for free!
Oh yeah, and it was Christmas (or Weihnachten). It was great! I am very humbled at the kind-hearted members of the ward. We have SO MUCH STUFF. Mostly stuff to eat sparingly, but SO MUCH OF IT. People really do think about the missionaries and do what they can to help out. But guess what the BEST thing would be? --- go teach their friends with the missionaríes! But kilos of chocolate isn't shabby.
This week I have learned how little the language barrier matters. Of course it exists, but everyone recognizes love when it is shown to them. And they feel good. Aside from music (check!), love is the most wonderful universal language. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment