FRÖHLICHE WEIHNACHTEN!!!
Guess who's getting baptized? One of the coolest people in the world named Bruder Jensen. He's the one who is teaching us Kung-Fu every Thursday. He is getting baptized Saturday. In a year he will get sealed to his wife. And in four years their kid will have the opportunity to get baptized as well. Holy wow! An eternal family is in progress here, and it is BEAUTIFUL! There could be no better gift. Talk about a White Christmas. (get it? baptismal clothes are white...)
-- Speaking of which, there is no snow. It is still abnormally warm. I think where we live (Euskirchen) is actually a place for old people to settle down for the rest of their lives because the weather for some reason decides to be beautiful almost daily. No complaints here! --
We also met with this family who LOVES missionaries! It
was funny because they wanted us to come and visit with them but they
told us they had no interest in hearing the message of Jesus Christ's
Restored Gospel (obviously in different words) because they were fest in
their Evanglisch church. It was funny because the son had lived with a
Mormon family in Arizona on an exchange in America for a year and
apparently at one point wanted to get baptized, but that desire has for
some reason since left him. Hopefully meeting will rekindle that desire
and remind him what those feelings he once had were!
I found another food I love and better be able to eat
once I get home. Raklette. I have no idea if that's spelled correctly,
but it was über delicious! It's like a two-layered grittle where you put
stuff on top to fry or cook and melt cheese in little dishes
underneath... ah man... YUM! I am for sure going to do that in the
future.
Yesterday was a funny day in church because the primary had no pianist, so they fetched me from the Elder's Quorum lesson and had me accompany the primary. Ah, I miss primary! Kids are so funny. I also accompanied them as they sang a cute song in Sacrament meeting, but they forgot the second verse and had to backtrack in the actual performance of it -- it was quite hilarious.
Yesterday was a funny day in church because the primary had no pianist, so they fetched me from the Elder's Quorum lesson and had me accompany the primary. Ah, I miss primary! Kids are so funny. I also accompanied them as they sang a cute song in Sacrament meeting, but they forgot the second verse and had to backtrack in the actual performance of it -- it was quite hilarious.
It is always quite amazing to
see how much members give to missionaries. I am still quite humbled by
it, actually. When I am no longer a set-apart missionary I think I want
to do a lot of random acts of service to help the missionaries in their
work.... like giving a lot of referrals!! Ah, that would be the best
thing for every member to do right now. One referral makes us excited.
If an entire ward gave one each, we would bathe in referrals and the
work would go forward in a most exciting manner!! Unfortunately,
everyone is easily able to think up excuses as to why they should not
refer their friends now, etc.... If you think you have any excuse not to
share the gospel, you are wrong! There are so many resources to help
us!!
Talks about it:
Annnnd an awesome link to family history stuff on lds.org to print out your own fan chart!!
On the subject of Christmas though, and still
on the track of linking you to other church websites, you should
definitely be focusing your thoughts on our Savior who satisfied the
demands of justice and mercy in his life:
Morgen kommt der Weihnachtsman, kommt mit seinen Gaben!!
Share the love of Jesus Christ with each other. I love all you very much!
Love, Elder Jack
No comments:
Post a Comment