Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13, 2014

This week was transfers, which meant my companion was leaving me, again to serve as a zone leader, and a new companion came to take his place. It was/is my responsibility to help fill him in on how the area is, who the people are, how to get around, und so weiter und sofort.

My new companion is Elder Miller from Provo, UT. My oh my, the Lord really knows who is needed where and by whom. I came to the realization that I am not  as good as I want to be at just talking to everyone everywhere because sometimes  that is a scary thing to do when you do not know everyone. But guess what? My companion is really good at doing that, so since we are glued to each other 23/7 (that extra hour is bathroom breaks and showers) I am getting better. Hoo.rah. Plus, this area needed that kind of thing because our investigator who was baptized a few weeks ago was our main focus. Now we are moving on to more focuses!! As we continue to become master Kunf-fu-ers we are also going to become master finders!
It is really amazing what member missionary work does. In case you have not tried it, DO IT. When a member invites friends or makes friends because of the gospel, everything is so much smoother for the missionaries AND the person learning about the gospel. Our wonderful member Bruder Titz introduced us to his neighbor the other day, who would love to learn from us. Boo-yah! Sorry America, but I think THIS is now the promised land.
Euskirchen is promised, at least. Although it is getting colder, the days are getting longer (YES!!), and the wonderful city of Euskirchen still has no snow on the ground and almost constantly blue skies. Ü Talk about lucky.
I just love being here. I guess I don`t have much of a choice though! I could either love it or hate it... but love is much happier.

As a side note, I am a very blessed Elder in the mission field to have people writing me constantly. I am, however, not very good at writing back lately. Naja, I will get to it sometime!!
Liebe Grüße! -Elder Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment