Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014

There is less time than normal today for Emails because I seem to not yet understand how to correctly use Germany's public transportation system. Oh those Buses -- they can be so tricky! But we met with a wonderful member of the ward who is hopefully going to come back to church more often. He is really cool and we had a great discussion with him.
This week went by so FAST! Honestly, there has not been a slow week (just a couple slower days) in the whole mission. 

Monday we went to the Haribo Factory in Bonn. Of course, I did not need more candy since Christmas... but I gave in. That place was so fun! It was a surprise to walk in and see that not everyone was jumping around crazily saying "SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR!!!" I guess only we missionaries from America thought that seemed normal. 

I decided that college students can be cool because they are willing to learn, even about God. 

We had a split with another misstionary companionship, and my temporary companion was Elder Lietsalmi. He's from Finland. That was cool. Oh, and he also did IB. Whoop-dee-doo. I really like him troztdem.

A progressing investigator we have is our neighbor. He's great! He drove us to church Sunday and has been keeping the commitments we give him. He is making his way to eternal salvation! It is so cool to see that happening!

We had interviews with Präsident Schwarz, which is always a great experience. He just knows what to say. By following his counsel I have learned a great deal about who I am and whose I am. That was important to me.

My companion Elder Miller is still great. I love him a lot!

Things are just going so fast! A lot of things are happening and at the moment I just hope to get a little break in the Bahn while we are riding to another appointment. 

By the way, all members should stay active members because that would make it a lot easier for missionaries.    But then again, who said it was supposed to me easy? Just stay in the church, okay?


No comments:

Post a Comment