We
had zone training this week and learned about how to increase our faith
by thinking more about the positive reality things can become. It can
always be better. And it will if we choose to make it so. I love the
term "positive reality" because it makes me think of how I can
automatically think positively. Honestly, it is not automatic for me all
the time. But I found a way! Say, what?? That's right, and it is
simple. Be Grateful. That's all there is to it. Just be grateful. Tell
people thank you. Tell yourself thank you. Tell our loving Father in
Heaven Thank You. Everyone has something to be grateful for -- it's just
up to us to ackknowledge it!
We had a crazy experience Saturday
evening. We were walking in the shopping center area outside, where
there were very few people, and we stopped to talk to a couple of women
around their 30's. Well, we found out that one of them was baptized a
member of this church years ago in Hong-Kong, married her husband who
she met in Norway, and now lives in our area. She is not active in the
church, but we heartily invited her to come back, received all the
contact information possilble for when we are able to come visit with
her and teacher her husband, and also got the information from her
friend who is on exchange in Norway (just visiting Germany for a week)
and sent in a referral through Mormon.org for the missionaries to come
to her. WOAH!!! Things like this remind me how important it is just to
open our mouths when it feels right (and even sometimes when it does
not), and to be grateful for the opportunity to be a part of someone
else's story. People have the coolest stories!
My companion and I are very tired, which I think is
good. That is because we have been working. Wohooo!! I know the Lord is
helping us as we serve the wonderful members and investigators with whom
we get to be with for this short time. This week is a crazy mark for me
-- on the 21st I will have been on my mission for six months. WHAT!?
Time goes by so fast. I can not believe that. I need to do so much more
in the next 3/4 of the time I have left!!
Yesterday I went to primary and played piano for
them. I miss primary. These kids are so smart! They know -- REALLY KNOW
-- the plan of salvation. They understand that we lived with Heavenly
Father. They are so precious!!
Also, when the missionaries who are in the field
right now get home, we are going to have a lot more members who
understand the dire need for member-missionary work. And the stone
that's already rolling is going to cause an rockslide. I am so excited!
Liebe Grüße,
Elder Jack
No comments:
Post a Comment