Hi from Germany! Again,
there is no snow. But it finally rained today, which is kind of nice!
It's starting to get a little hot (I'm joking). It is still cold, but
still no snow. Haha, I missed that one this year! Maybe I will see
double next year?? Schauen wir mal.
This week was interesting. We hat Eight (yes, eight) appointments
fall out. Wow that hurt. Not that it was bad and that we got angry, but
quite honestly, that kind of thing makes a missionary's schedule much
more difficult to work with. Naja, I think the Lord is trying to teach
my companion and I something from this so I am going to patiently work
through it all.
Remember the member in my ward who went to Weber
State? Pascal Friedmann? Well, he is really cool. He is totally willing
to help ANYTIME we need him. He does a lot for us. We are also planning
on teaching family of his -- what a missionary! He is headed out next
month to the Alpine mission, so that will be a great addition to that
mission. Those lucky people!!
You know, it is easy to focus on the bad. But there
is so much wonderful in the world! Although there were appointments that
fell out, the few that we had were beautiful and we saw immense
progress and growth out of them. The Lord is blessing us regardless of
(maybe as a result of) the trials that are put in our path! Take that,
Satan! No question in my mind about who is stronger. Obviously the Lord!
Our Ward Mission Leader is a really cool man. He
helps us so much, even though his life is already hectic enough with his
young family of 4 children. It is busy! But he fulfills his calling
superbly and I am grateful for someone so hard working as he. I have
learned quite a lot from his example on how to be an effective
missionary, member, and family member (specifically father). Really
cool.
Today a member took us on a tour of our area of the
mission, while visiting some places where people who were members
potentially lived (they both did not live there any longer). But...
Germany is really cool! We saw some cool ruins and some Roman aquaducts
and some random sandstone place. This member (Bruder Titz) is such a
wonderful member-missionary. I really really really like this man. He
gives all he can to help move this marvelous work forward. Wow!
Short time today, but I love you all. A lot!!
Oh, and happy Valentine's Day! be good. don't get into trouble.
Liebe Grüße,
Elder Jack
No comments:
Post a Comment