Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014

I hope everyone is ready for summmmmer!! Have a great time with the beautiful weather and the lack of homework! Go do some missionary work instead! Haha. 

This week was cool because there were a lot of opportunities to help people through blessings of the Priesthood. It is very humbling to have the responsibility to help someone through this authority, and even more humbling to see things that immediately change in a person's countenance when they have felt the strong unfluence of the Holy Ghost testify of truth and peace to their hearts. Beautiful things are happening! 
Something I didn't realize before the mission was how difficult it would be for people to come to church. I mean, it is just a bus ride, a car-ride (even from willing members), or a walk away. But somehow the distractions of the world become more important than the short amount of time where we get to renew covenants with God, receive inspiration, learn from others, feel the spirit, and develop stronger relationships with others. All that in just 3 hours! I guess not all people see it the same way. 

Something that really gets on my nerves (yes, I get annoyed sometimes), is when someone gives a Book of Mormon back to us. I don't mean right away, but like another week or something. Awwww, they have no idea what they are handing back! If they truly understood it, they would not give it back! They would treasure those precious words and feast upon them. A true understanding of the Book of Mormon leads people to realize that it's purpose to testify of Jesus Christ. Yes, World, "Mormons" are Christians. More Christian than you can believe. We even claim that this is the only church led by Christ Himself! But regardless of this claim and the name of Jesus Christ in the title of the Church, certain ignorant and rather prideful souls insist that we are not Christian. If there is anything that we definitely ARE, it is Christian. I just want people to realize that sometimes. Rant over. 

I can't believe it already, but in two weeks there are transfers again. Time seems to be in a different realm on the mission because it goes by WAY too fast. There is not enough of it! But I guess that's how it should be, right? 

This missionary is still happy and healthy (although his legs are sore from going for a run one morning.. ouch.). Life is good and the ward here is definitely developing in a positive way! 

Love, Elder Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment