Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25, 2014

What in the world. Now I can't say that I still have a lot of time on my mission, because I officially only have a little less than a year left. Ahhh! It isn't as if I wasn't motivated to do good before, but it is also kind of like a kick in the behind to do even more before time is up. There is so much work to do!!
This week Elder Kearon of the 1st Quorum of the Seventy came and talked to us missionaries. That's definitely a perk of being a missionary -- we get visited by general authorities and special attention from them when they are here. Plus, the general force of missionaries are seking after revelation and help from powers on high, so when we havbe such authorities to visit we learn a lot. It would be cool to be able to do this all the time. I'll enjoy it while it lasts!!

Some things Elder Kearon was led to say included: "It's not about you." "Don't worry about it." "Although we are doing all we can, it will never be enough. Until Germany is translated, it couldn't be enough -- but keep on going!" We are making a difference right now. It's huge! He also spoke on doing things with real intent. This was something I think which struck me because it is easy to get into easy habits of waking up, stretching and doing a little workout that probably doesn't do anything much, getting ready for the day, studying, etc. etc. -- and it is so easy to get in the habit of not thinking about it anymore. But starting te day with real intent is a great and marvelous thing because it leads us to attacking the rest of the day with real intent. THAT is where miracles come as we have the faith that they will be there and as we diligently seek after them. I thought that was cool.

We have had more appointments this week than in the past weeks, which makes me happy. I LOVE meeting with people and getting to know them at a deeper level. I love understanding what they need to hear and feel in order to grow closer to Heavenly Father. We are meeting with some really extraordinary people and I am honored to be able to meet with these special brothers and sisters of ours. 

One of my favorite moments this week was on the street when we were finding people to teach. There was a student-aged girl walking with a bike whom we stopped. She immediately rolled her eyes, and I think my mouth was just a little too quick for my brain to stop it and I immediately said, "You don't look very excited. Oh well. My friend and I ...." and gave the whole spiel with firm testimony that I know God is our Father and that he loves us individually. Boom. Her countenace of "You don't look very excited" was quite touched although she had said she doesn't believe in God. She said she was interested. Took a Book of Mormon. That was just an extra testimony to me of hoe essential it is so simply bear testimony. It is an undeniable witness that can't be negated -- because it's what I have found out by my own experience to be truth. Who can tell me what I have found out except for me? So cool. 

Well, I am looking foward to an even better week. I believe I will be going on a split in Euskirchen this week... perhaps to do a little Kung-fu. Ü Boo-yah. This missionary is spoiled with great opportunities!!

I love you all so much back at home and am grateful for the relationships I have with family and friends. Once again, this missionary is spoiled. 

Liebe Grüße, 
Elder Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment