After all, isn't that what we're here for? We are
changing for things of a better! There is sooooo much great out there
that we can achieve! It's so great to have so many things of a better
placed in front of me -- I just need to take them, apply them to myself,
and be the better me that's possible! That's what we all do, I
suppose.
I am happy to be where I am when I am. Here right
now in Aachen we were lucky enough to meet another one of those special
people who have already been converted by the power of the Book of
Mormon. But he runs into the problems of: 1. Thinking that because
members of the church are a minority, he will have more difficulties in
finding a wife to establish a family, and 2. His father does not stand
behind him in his desire to join the church and he does not want to
disrespect his father. Hmmm there are so many different things that get
in the way of someone believing that they can make progress! I am very
very grateful that we as members of the church hold the belief and
expect the same belief from others about us, that one should respect the
believes and practices of others. I realize the importance of this in
the great plan because it comes back to allowing for the agency of our
brothers and sisters in the great plan of happiness. Without the choice,
we couldn't be happy.
Staying on that topic, it was reinforced to me this
week that we have been prepared spiritually for the difficult things in
the world today. We are warriors in a spiritual sense fighting a quite
literal battle against the clamorous chaos which Satan mirages in front
of our very eyes. Straight, true, simple is the way of the Lord.
Complex, confusing, and twisted is the way of Satan. In the long run it
is much easier with the plan of Christ.
We had a cleaning day in the church with the branch
and then celebrated Sommerfest together, which was SO MUCH FUN! We did a
cultural-themed fest which was great because we had Nigeria, Russia,
Germany, America, Netherlands, and the Phillipines represented.
Unfortunately, no China or Mexico created a stand, but the celebration
of being united in our different backgrounds was really enjoyable,
PLUS.... my favorite things ever.... Members invited friends! Awesome
opportunity to bear testimony, share experiences, and help people
understand what our purpose is. THAT is member missionary work! It
works. Much better than anyone would assume at first. Do it!
I love the very last verse in the book of Ether, where he writes, "Whether the Lord will that I be translated, or that I suffe r the willof the Lord in the f lesh, it mattereth not, if it so be that I am saved in the kingdom of God. Amen."
Bam. That's what matters. We work hard to be in the right and we
help others the best we can. I thought that was great this week.
This week I will be meeting my year mark in Germany (on the 4th)! Huh, that's strange.
I love you all!
Love,
Elder Jack
Love,
Elder Jack
oh, happy labor day!
No comments:
Post a Comment