Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22, 2014

Follow the prophet and the apostles. That's the message of the week. I am grateful to be in a branch where the Branch President and his counselors are willing to take the advice of Elder Ballard and change certain routines they had grown accustomed to. It is not easy for everyone to change, but like one of them said, "An apostle of the Lord told us to do something. Is there really any reason to discuss whether we are doing it or not?" Good leaders. I know that it is important to follow those little things, especially when it means sacrificing just a little more or doing something we are not used to. Following the guidance of the prophet and the apostles is so so important! Speaking of which... general conference is coming up in two weeks!! 

Just before coming to e-mails again we met a special guy who loves loves loves Jesus Christ. Like all of us, he has his problems. But he knows already that through Jesus Christ he will be able to overcome these problems and be freed. He was really excited to hear that we are hearing from the Prophet in two weeks. We'll see him soon to talk about all of that and help him understand the importance of the Restored church. So cool. I just feel so blessed to get to know so many of the people I do. It's funny because we met him on the street awhile ago but lost contact because his number didn't work.

I never knew that it was so hard to stay in contact with people. I think at home it was really easy to call or text someone and they would answer. Apparently that is not how it is always like! Strangely, it is common for people to change phone numbers, so longer be reachable, or to somehow not receive the calls sent out to them. I do not understand it, but that seems to be how it is sometimes. The funny thing is, we see these people quite often and are able to receive their new numbers, address (yes!), or other information that helps us stay in contact again. Is it really that hard to tell people if you change your number? I wonder if many other missionaries have that problem too.

You know what is great? In Zecheriah 12 and 14 (probably 13 as well) it is a very very clear testament of Jesus Christ coming again and showing the people the prints in his hands. That's in the Old Testament. Ü I love finding blunt evidence in the Old Testament about Jesus Christ. Good thing, too because we are talking about Isaiah in Sunday school this month! Whohooo!

Keep changing and helping others. It's definitely in focusing on others that we find out the solutions to our own problems and answers to our questions. 

Mach's gut, ya'll!

Love, 
Elder Jack


No comments:

Post a Comment