Monday, November 3, 2014

October 27, 2014

Today is the first day of my 11th transfer in the mission field. I don't know exactly how many transfers I will have, but I don't like being in the double digits already. I am officiallt "old" in my mission because there are so many new missionaries! Speaking of which, if anyone knows Cheril Lyman -- she will be entering this mission on Thursday. That will  be cool!! She was in my German class in middle school! Too bad neither of us paid any attention in that class. Ah, we were always playing games or I remember drawing pigs in that class funnily enough. No idea why. 

It being a new transfer, that means I am either staying or leaving. It seems like I am a "bleiber," which means a "stayer." I couldn't be happier to continue to stay in this area! I really really love it. The people here are so incredible! The work is still moving forward really well. 

We have been consistently meeting three times a week with a couple investigators, which has been really cool because they really want to learn a lot about the church and have definitely felt the power of The Book of Mormon. Love the Plan of Salvation. Willing to keep commandments. Honestly great! The idea of setting a baptismal date is something they attempt to put in the back of their minds because they know it is a great commitment, but we are getting there! We had an incredible joint teach yesterday there. The joint teach was baptized in December last year (my companion interviewed her... yes, I have been in this same district for awhile) and had a lot of opposition from friends because they had heard that "Mormons worship Pigs," "have lots of wives," "steal people away into their little cult." Of course none of this is actual truth, but I bet it says it somewhere on the internet. Wikipedia isn't the church's best friend from what I've heard. She was wise in following Elder Nelson's advice and asked the missionaries! She shared an incredible testimony of her experiences with these opposing ideas and even after the appointment and we had left she stayed to share even more. Go joint teaches!! 

Yesterday was also incredible because Bruder Jensen, who was baptized in Bonn in December as I was there, was sustained to be ordained to the Melkesidek Priesthood. Since we are in the same Stake and the ordination took place right after the meetings, he invited me to be a part of it. It's difficult to explain the joy of seeing him advance to the temple and to make these covenants with God. I am lucky enough to be there for all of it so far! I love that man so much. 

We also had interviews with Präsident Stoddard after Stake Conference, which was nice. He said some things that I needed to hear. Mission presidents seem to do that really well! I am grateful for inspired leaders. 

I'm happy! I am still working on my New Year's resolutions in case anyone forgot that we made those! I anticipate it being hard to accomplish them all, but I've made significant progress, which is pretty cool! Still have 2 months to go, but that was just a reminder. 

Happy Halloween to all of you Americans! I remember last year being near to nothing in Halloween festivities, but I am now in Nordrhein-Westfalen where I think they party more. I'll report next week on if there was anything cool. 

I love it!

Liebe Grüße, 
Elder Jack





No comments:

Post a Comment