Guess
what the coolest thing ever is? When people feel the Spirit by reading
the Book of Mormon, praying, and keeping the commandments. Then they
come to church and realize it is different, but it is good. Then they go
home and have the feeling to meet with their neighbor, who had many
concerns and questions about death, to whom they teach the Plan of
Salvation. The cool part? They are not yet a member of the church but
love the calm peace they feel when the Spirit is with them. And oh boy,
the Spirit is so strong when one shares truths of Christ's Gospel! We
have the coolest friend whom we are teaching. Plus, she lives in a
gorgeous area of the Eifel, so going there a few times a week is nothing
I would ever complain about.
It
has been a reoccurring thought in my head to point out what Elder
Ballard said in Conference this year. We work with many members who
struggle coming to church, keeping commandments, and so forth for
whatever reasons they have. These precious brothers and sisters who are
so dear to me missed these points from Elder Ballard: 1. Stay in the
Boat. 2. Wear your lifejacked. 3.Hold on with both hands. It's so clear
to me that fellow children of our Father in Heaven thought the river was
calm enough to jump in. They drift away. And we are the hands reaching
out to help them back in -- but something we have to remembers is that
we do not rescue them by jumping out the boat too! If people would just
stop listening to the excuses to jump in the water, happiness would not
be so hard for them to find. There is always hope for those who drift
though. After all, The Lord has boats all over this river of life who
can help those who drift further than we can reach.
Another
thought I have had is how easily members of the church (with an extreme
emphasis on missionaries) are misunderstood in their efforts to share
our beliefs. I just think Elder Ballard explains it perfectly! I loved
his thoughts as well: https://www.lds.org/ general-conference/2014/10/ come-and-see?lang=eng
It's a good point he makes.
I
just want to testify that I know that God plays an active role in our
lives. His hand does not force us, but it does guide us when we allow
it. His love, much like the Atonement (which was a result of that love)
is incomprehensibly encompassing and touches the heart that searches for
it. I know He does that for me when I have honest conversations with
Him. He understands us in both English and German. I know that. I love
Him as well.
"Remember, o Remember."
Liebe Grüße,
Elder Jack
Elder Jack
No comments:
Post a Comment