Monday, December 15, 2014

December 15, 2014

You know what's funny? For the last nine months it has been on my mind that I should become an uncle soon. Now more than ever, the theme of babies seems to be exploding! We celebrate the birth of a dear baby boy. The child is Christ the Lord. Can it be any better timing? I am so so so excited for Christmas! I should be an uncle by then! (Drücken die Daumen!!) Ahhh, babies. 

I realized that I really really like goat cheese. I'll consider eating it more in the future. 

This week was super cool. There is a hugve initiative to talk to as many people as possible about the "He is the Gift" ("Er ist das Geschenk") video put out by the church. This week we met a cool friend out of it, which was sweet! We invited him also to the ward Christmas party, to which he came. I would say at least 1/3 of the people who came were not members of the church. It was beautiful! Another particular woman who was brought had never heard of the church before but loved the feeling of love in the ward. Both she and the man we invited came to church the next day. He was taught after church and she will be taught at a member's home at the end of this week. Ü

Although snow is not sticking, The Field is White. People are ready for this message of love!

We will have a baptism next Saturday. Continuing strong with other beloved friends of the church.

Things are looking great. I pray that we will continue to be able to work strongly with these precious souls! 

A nice thought on diligence: "notwithstanding their hardness, letus labor diligentlyfor if we should cease to laborwe should bebrought under condemnation; for we have labor to performwhilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy ofall righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God. " (Mormoni 9:6). Let us conquer that enemy of righteousness!!!

Wait. I just found out that I AM AN UNCLE!! whohoooo! Oh my goodness that is so wonderful!!! 


Love, 
Elder Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment