Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30, 2015

We went to Buchenwald with a lot of the Zone as well as with President and Sister Stoddard on Thursday. Buchenwald is a concentration camp located near Weimar (anyone heard of the Weimar Republic?), which is just a bit west of Jena.  Without going into too much detail, I gained a better perspective of how trulz horrible it was for the prisoners in places like that. I am very grateful that I have not had to deal with such situations where human beings forget that other human beings are actual people rather than experimental subjects. Simply said, Christ had to pay for a lot of brutal things that I hadn't imagined when he suffered as part of the Atonement. 

Since then we met with just a couple of people and had a couple new faces in church. Too bad the old faces didn't make it (I'm guessing/hoping it's because we changed the clocks for daylight savings time Saturday evening and everyone was just tired).

We do have a couple of baptisms coming up in April though!!! I'm super excited for these people. We just taught one of them 5 minutes ago. Martin's such a stellar dude from Zambia. Our new convert from Columbia is teaching him German right now. It's really funny.

There's really not much more to report, so until next week!!

Get ready for GENERAL CONFERENCE this week!!!!!! I can't wait!!

Liebe Grüße, 

Elder Jack

Wherever He walked, Wherever He taught, Wherever He healed, He changed everything. Then everything changed. The man they called Master, Messiah, Friend, was gone. But the greatest miracle was yet to come. He is not here. He is risen. He Lives! And because he lives, if you reach out, call out, cry out, He is here. Then, now, always, He is here. During the good, the bad, the in-between, He is here. No matter who you are, who you were, He is here. No exceptions, no lost causes, at all times, in all places, He is here. He rose on the third day. He lives today. Find Him. #BecauseHeLives.


No comments:

Post a Comment