Thursday, March 26, 2015

March 26, 2015

You'd think that emailing on a Thursday would mean that I would have a lot more to say, right? Sometimes I just draw a blank and rant about whatever is going on or what cool things were emphasized recently. 

The coolest thing right now is that we have two friends with baptismal goals who are progressing mightily! That would be Martin from Zambia and Gajendra from Nepal. I love those guys! The pool of people with whom we meet is growing still. I find it quite funny because I sometimes have the feeling like we can't handle more people to teach and then we end up with time somehow. Part of it has to do with Jena being a smaller city and having a centralized location for the church where we can meet people. Part of it is the fact that students have crazy schedules with exams and other activities, so things spontaneously get in the way quite easily. The more the better, right? 

It has occurred to me how important the activities in the church are. I was never the best at going to all of them, but it's evident why there are so many of them. Social health is important and the activities in the church are spiritually safe and uplifting. Plus, the group that gathers there is usually there because they want to be there. It provides so many opportunities to invite friends to feel the Spirit! Jena is really good at having activities.

The Book of Mormon is powerful and the stories inside are true. I've been glued to the book in studies lately during the war chapters around Alma 48-60, which I hadn't ever found so interesting beforehand, and I highly recommend reading that book! Gordon B Hinckley promises us that no matter how many times we have read in that book, whenever we read therein intending to learn; we will. 

We had Mission Leadership Conference and talked about the importance of The Book of Mormon! How about that? Read it!

It was cool to meet with a new friend of ours last week and feel the sincerity of her desire to understand. Stephanie had never imagined God as someone fatherly or loving. She had never prayed before, but at the end of our lesson she tried it out in a language that wasn't even her native one. It was a simple heartfelt prayer and after she closed it she looked different. She was excited and said she felt something. Real intent.

Zone Conference was in Nürnberg this week, so we traveled a couple hours there and back for an exemplary meeting. I was taught many important things for myself and won't bore you with more details. But we watched Meet the Mormons there with the two zones that met. I love that movie so much! I dare someone to watch it and not feel a little prick in their heart for some reason.

Things are rolling along and I expect them to just keep building. The stone has been cut in Jena and will not be stopped! 


No comments:

Post a Comment