Monday, August 3, 2015

August 3, 2015

Friday is the day of the flight. My oh my, how two years seems like a dream! A tiring, joyful, stressful, extravagent two-year dream. 

Yesterday was an awesome Sunday to end my time here. There were two girls who were brought to church by the young women's leader, who took it upon herself to make sure that they both felt very welcomed and loved in the ward. These girls were fellowshipped better than anyone I have ever seen on my mission! It was incredible! It's just too bad that I don't get to be here to continue teaching them and their family. 

Also this week, we met with a family in which the father was a preacher for a Pentacostal congregation. This man was SO cool! Of course, we were all "talking Jesus" and everything like we do, and as he rambled on about their beliefs he noticed certain things about the way we listen rather than cutting him off and how we dress up as a form of respect for the Lord as His representatives. I think he wants to be a missionary, so we'll teach him! We are meeting this evening. 

There are too many things to summarize my mission, so I will share with you what I learned best out here: 
The Holy Ghost is a real being who helps us. We are prompted to do good and will see many new opportunities arise by following the good promptings. 
The Book of Mormon is the word of God. By learning from it and following the teachings from it we become more one with God and are therefore happier. I have a witness that the teachings in it are true and that it was brought forth by a prophet of God, Joseph Smith.
The Prophet and Apostles are chosen through divine revelation and they teach pure truth.
We are all brothers and sisters of a loving Father in Heaven. 
Through Christ we can change. We can literally transform our old selves and become a more Christlike example, friend, example, and follower. His is the way to happiness. Change from the natural man is one of the biggest purposes of our lives. 
We can overcome the natural man. We always have power to resist Satan. 

I have a goal to be a professional "darkness chaser" in my life. As we grow in our own light, understanding, and truth, darkness flees. Unfortunately I will not be able to do it full time here in my second homeland, but it will be a joy for me to continue to strive towrads the light. 

I am excited to see my family again! Two years is a good time to learn to appreciate them a LOT more than before. I love them so much. 
It will also be nice to meet up with friends again. I hope all is well. 

We leave our mark by thinking of others. I have been told before to leave my soul on the stage in a performance. Although my physical presence may not be here, there is a big chunk of my soul that will remain and love these people! May God bless the people here in Germany to be strengthened and prepared to meet our Savior. 

See many of you soon!

Tausende liebe Grüße, 
Elder Gregory Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment