Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015



July 20, 2015
We are working hard!!! Despite the relatively low numbers of investigators in my own companionship, the Frankfurt Zone itself is doing far better than before! I believe this is a result of increased diligence in talking to more people and setting high goals. We had a great council with the district leaders the other day in which we set new goals for the coming transfers. Unfortunately I will not be here to see them reach those, but I am excited to see where they are going to push us! 

Now that there are only two full weeks of missionary work ahead of me I am wondering what I need to prepare myself for. Keine Ahnung. I think I'll be ready for it, but to be honest, home still feels like months away. There are just too many cool things that are about to happen here! 

There were some fun people we talked to this week. One of these people was a girl from Kenya who took the time to watch the BecauseHeLives video from the church and then said that she would love a Book of Mormon because she absolutely loves Jesus. I was in another area on a companion exchange, and so did not get to visit her, but the Elders who did go to her house found that she was not there at the said time. Instead, some friends of hers were there who also took the time to listen to the message and who even came to church on Sunday! The Lord works in mysterious ways. I've learned not to try to guess what He has planned because it usually surprises me. We just have to do our best follow the Spirit, then He makes everything happen the way it is supposed to.

Also, in meeting with the Stake Presidency here, they shared a cool video with us that teaches a very important point: https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-09-53-elder-bednar-in-england?lang=eng . I would invite you to watch it and see what you can do to follow his counsel.

There are a lot of airplanes flying over Frankfurt. It is hard not to think of the joke: How far away is that plane? I don't know how high it is flying, but today it is 18 days away.

Have another AWESOME week! Take each moment with you and enjoy it for all it is worth! 

Love,
Elder Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment