This is the first letter from me, I
guess. And you will only get one more from me while I'm in the MTC because I'm
only here for two weeks!! Whoaaaah! There are two sisters and five elders
(invcluding myself) who are in my district. All of us are on the
"fast-track" because we've all had experience in German already. I
LOVE my district so much! Everyone who is in it is so easy to get along with,
our personalities mesh well, and we're here to help each other. It's fun!
Last night we were assigned callings in
the branch and I am one of the two zone leaders. I don't know how they
determine that kind of thing because we've only been here since Wednesday,
but it's all good with me.
I think the MTC is kind of what Zion will be like.
Everyone --- EVERYONE --- is happy here. I think it's a requirement to keep a
cheerful attitude or you feel out of place. Kind of different from the
"real" world. It seems like everyone does their jobs and pitches in
when they are supposed to, so they've got a good system running here. No
slackers (as far as I know)! I wish everyone could feel what it's like
here.
I'm tired. But it's soooo good. I think
I'm just catching up from not sleeping much Tuesday night. Wednesday and Thursday
were very overwhelming. It was like, "go here, then do this. 'welcome to
the MTC!' then go over here. now you're learning. 'welcome to the MTC!' and you
live here. 'welcome to the MTC!' oh yeah, and welcome to the MTC!" Phew,
they keep us moving here. I'm loving that though! When people get lax the
Spirit has a hard time teaching them anything.
So... I feel like I've met a quarter of
the MTC. Like...everywhere I go there's someone I know from school, the ward, or
something else. Here are all the people I've seen or said hello to: Elder
Goates (right after I got there he took my bags and showed me around!!), Sister
Hosenfeld, Elder Dalley, Elder Mossman, Elder Hansen, Elder Trelease (I think),
Elder Morrell, Elder Watanabe (pretty sure...), Sister Liljenquist, and Elder
Cline. This is just Friday.
You know what? The Church is so true.
I don't think I have anything else to
report, except that I love you! Thanks for your support.
Much Love,
Elder Jack
No comments:
Post a Comment