Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013


(Blog thing)
I love love love General Conference so much! SO much. It was so good. Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to finish all of it yet! AHHHHH!!! I have to wait until next week until I am able to watch the last session of Conference. But thus far I have loved it. I wrote down a list of like 15 questions I have had, lots of them personal, lots of them mission related; etc. And I can identify a talk that can at least partially answer EVERY single one of those questions! That was a cool experience. I know that the Lord knows what is on my mind and that he gives the speakers his words for them to help us. I KNOW that they are inspired because there is absolutely no other way they could have answere any of my questions. What a cool thing! And i am not finished! Whohooooo!!! Revelation is such a cool thing! OFFENBARUNG.
I love what Elder Ballard taught. He pretty much said it how we as missionaries are told to teach it: that the members need to be doing the work. And President Monson himself was so good to say that NOW is the time for members and missionaries to work together. I was like, " Das Stimmt! Das Stimmt!!" Those men are good. And Eyering managed to make me feel more emotional than I have the entire mission. Way to go!
To watch General Conference we went to the church building. We helped set up for it and everything so it could be broadcast in both English and German -- and we also had a Portugese area for another lady who is investigating. Saturday at 18:00 we watched the morning session -- when everone else did. Then Sunday at 10:00 we watched Priesthood Session, at 14:00 we watched the Second Saturday Session, and at again 18:00 we watched with the rest of the world the Sunday morning session. That session. was. so. powerful. The Spirit was working in so many ways during it. Ended with the Prophet, and then BAM! they hit us with a beautiful choir rendition of O Divine Redeemer, which I was so privelaged to sing with Malia Morley in church once. That is what I call spiritually full. I am still feeling spiritually energized from Conference. There is just this beautiful peace I can feel even though things do not always go  like we want. The Spirit is so good. What else can I say?
Tomorrow we are having our real P-Day (aside from emails). We are going to the temple!!! We get to do that once every transfer (6 weeks).
Tuesday we had zone conference in Heidelberg, where I learned a lot about how I can personally receive revelation. There are so many ways. It is working.
Unfortunately, I feel like we do not have investigators. Technically we have 3 (one being a family, so it is a little more), but one of them does not understand anything because we don't speak Arabic, the family is in Romania, and the other is maybe moving to America this week. I dont really know if that is true. We are doing what we can do think of ways to find more people. It is so hard when people are so to themselves -- and even moreso when they are glued to an electronic screen.
A mission is good for the missionary because he or she learns a lot about their weaknesses. Weak things become strong. It is so merciful that we are able to overcome those weaknesses through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and turn them into strengths. When I mess up it is okay. I get to not mess up next time. When I am sad today, tomorrow can be better. I love it. Heavenly Father's plan for us is full of love and mercy. We have a perfect Father.
Well... we ran out of food. We have some onions, garlic, and cereal. But we just have not had time to buy anything!! So we made another meal plan and we are going to restock our fridge and pantry. Boo-yah. food. When we have a meal plan we eat so well! This week is going to be yummy. I made some good Chili from scratch saturday-- good stuff.
I still have not had a repulsive meal on my mission. I guess I am spoiled!!
Speakng of food, I love German bread. BREAD is SO GOOD. I eat it daily! Check out this video about it: http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=2649250157001
Much love from Elder Jack in Deutchland!

No comments:

Post a Comment