Friday, March 21, 2014

March 17, 2014

We are being blessed for some good hard work. Not to say that we are perfect, but we have been working pretty hard to build up this area some more and we are finally reaping some rewards!

This week we set a bapismal date with our investigator Joseph. He is a wonderful man who has been reading the Book of Mormon like crazy and has found a lot of answers to his own questions about religion by hearing the story of Joseph Smith. Just this morning he called us and asked if he could have a copy of Docrtine and Covenants -- now that was a surprise! This man was really quite ready to meet us missionaries and he has been extremely actively learning since meeting us. Of course, he has his own problems like everyone does, but he is really pushing through! It is so cool to see that these people are so ready for this message. It really just takes a little humility and effort.

Other investigators are really progressing. We are happy! 

The ward has a ton of people who are not members of the church visiting on sundays. It is so cool to see. We really are doing some good work here in this area! 

Today we met for the last time with a member who recently chose to come back to church after almost a year of inactivity. He is flying back home to China after having lived here for 10 years. He is going to stay with it. I just know it. I feel like his desire has once again been kindled to stay active. It is wonderful to see the positive change and the happiness that the Atonement brings when someone decides to use it! 

Our bishopbric changed yesterday. That caught me off guard! But oh man.... this area better be ready for something huge. The new Bishop is a wonderful man with 6 young children and an astounding wife. He is really busy with work and travels quite often. I know, as if life was not already streful enough.... But the cool thing is how extremely supportive he is of missionary work. He is going to be another extremely wonderful leader who will help hasten this work of salvation. Ah, it is really so beautiful to see how the Lord really personally cares for his work being done! I know He is doing great miracles for us. 

The weather has been astounding this week as well. Quite warm. And I ate a lot of candy (Yes, I brush my teeth), so I have been cheerful!

Who needs to come to church? ....invite them. That's my thought for the week. Just do it. 

Liebe Grüße, 
Elder Jack


No comments:

Post a Comment