to jilljack, josephjack4893, thecorncrib, Austin, bryce, Charlotte, David, me, Matthew, Matthew

Right
now in the internet cafe the song "On Top of the World" by
ImagineDragons is playing. Ah, that song reminds me of so many good
memories! Music is such an incredible moving thing. Speaking of music,
there was ward conference yesterday and we sang in the ward choir for
it. Music has the potential to me moving --- but I must add that the
music must be the right kind in order to fit the right mood. And it must
sound a certain way, preferrably beautiful, in order to do its magic. I
will admit that the choir performance was less than it has been in the
past. It was more of a funny event because one of the main bass singers
had taken his child to the hall right when the choir was up, so the
bass part was lacking regardless of members coming up to sing with who
had never before practiced with. One of the members who is coming back
to church more regularly also pulled out his camera to take pictures of
the choir (flash and everything on). I was tempted to laugh hard but
would have further distracted the congregation. Some things are just
funny.
Although the musical aspect of the week did not pass well, ward conference was nonetheless wonderful. Our new Bishop is really a sharp man. I love that he is serving as Bishop because he places such an important emphasis on Missionary work. That's one sign of a great bishop right there! Following the recent words of the Apostles and Prophet as he takes the difficult calling of leading an entire ward.
Although the musical aspect of the week did not pass well, ward conference was nonetheless wonderful. Our new Bishop is really a sharp man. I love that he is serving as Bishop because he places such an important emphasis on Missionary work. That's one sign of a great bishop right there! Following the recent words of the Apostles and Prophet as he takes the difficult calling of leading an entire ward.
This week was great as well because we had a
good Zone Conference in Dortmund. Elder Dyches came to the conference
and taught us about being better teachers as well as covering a variety
of other needed topics. I learned a lot from his direction and was
privelaged to have the chance to be interviewed by the general
authority. He is a really wonderful man and I am grateful for that
opportunity. It is very easy to see that the leaders in the church are
chosen by inspiration and revelation. The church's organization is for
sure inspired from on high!
This saturday
we have Transfer Calls, which means there is yet again a 6-week period
of time which has gone by where I have been in this area. I love this
area so so much! I have been here for three transfers (since the end of
November) and would love to stay longer! This area is truly the best!
But who knows, it may be time for change. I am reminded of the song
"I'll go where you want me to go" inthe hymn book when I think of being
possibly transferred.
The Lord is hastening His work. It's an honor to be a
part of it -- and remember, EVERYONE has the chance to be a part of it!
Everyone can do missionary work. And everyone should; nametag or not!
Liebe Grüße,
Elder Jack
No comments:
Post a Comment