Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014

Whoohoooooo!!!!!!

Guess where I am going this transfer? I am actually being transferred to another mission. I know that sounds wierd, but apparently it happens every once in awhile. I am getting sent to the Berlin mission to serve!! Woah, that was a surpise! But wait, there's more! April April!! Tomorrow is the 1st of April and that means... I was kidding. I am staying in this mission. 

I am going to stay in Euskirchen! Man, I love this ward so much. This will be my fourth transfer in this area, which I have absolutely no problem with. Plus, I get to continue working with Elder Miller. We work well with the members and pretty well together, so needless to say: I am happy! I was truly nervous about where I would go (thinking I would leave) and was more than pleased to discover that I get to continue in this wonderful area.

We do a lot here in the area. It is so much fun! We were able to find three new investigators in one day on Saturday --doubling the amount we currently had had. Miracles happen when you work hard, apparently! There is no denying the blessings that come from hard work, determination, and patiently trusting that something will come out of it. Things come. 

Something funny about the investigators we have -- one of the seven is German. ALL of the others who have been willing to learn about Jesus Christ's gospel are from Africa. Now, it may seem that we are targeting a specific group of people with the way we contact or something, but I promise we don't. We talk to everyone regardless of ethnic background - Germans, Africans, and Americans alike. It does not matter to us. The people who have humbly been willing to listen to the wonderful message just happen to come from Africa, namely Ghana, Nigeria, South Sudan, and Guinea. 

We are all children of our Heavenly Father. I am happy to teach anyone who will hear!

The weeks are truly blurring together with visits to help members, service projects, home teaching, street and door contacting, lunch at a small shop where we have gotten to know the owners really well, conferences, and meetings. It goes so fast. The only times it does not feel fast is when we have to wait on public transportation to take us places. Even sleep goes by quickly!

Speaking of which, the time changed. We lost an hour of sleep. Ouch. Still recovering from that one, but that's why we have preparation day, I guess!!

Hopefully people have been working on their mission papers around this time! It's about time for the calls to come to those who are still in high school, right? I cannot wait to find out more about who is being inspiredly called where! If anyone wonders whether serving a mission is right, I can promise it is. It is just right. In service of our fellow beings we are serving God. In losing ourselves in the service we find ourselves.

Go serve someone and write down how you feel afterward! Much love from Germany. Still in Euskirchen!

Oh, and do not forget to come up with questions for General Conference!! We should watch with an ear for inspiration -- it will come. That's what the Prophet and the Apostles are for! I am excited for that this weekend!!

Love, Elder Jack



No comments:

Post a Comment