Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014

The time just goes by so fast. I do not even know what to write this week. Perhaps... something about General Conference??

It was so good!! I loved the talks. The speakers were extremely straight-forward and directly answered many of the questions I had written down. It was so interesting to see how many of the talks were directly at the youth of the world. YOUTH. They seem to pretty much be saying, for those who have not done it yet, Get Your Act Together. The seriousness of living a virtuous and Christlike life is huge. 

Something that is interesting to me is how inspiring and enlightening a conference can be, but then how fast we forget what the speakers say. Thankfully we are able to wiederholen- we get to look back at the talks and study their words for ourselves after they have been given. Remembrance is such an extremely important word and is a quality that people seem to lack. Remembrance of God, the Atonement, our Responsibilities, and our responsibility to act as Witness of Him. 
Take up the joyful burden of discipleship. The Gospel is not weight, it is wings. Truth will always be opposed.

I really want to be better at remembering. I hope we can all get better at that! Let us all press on in remembrance of our Lord and Savior!

Something cool and hilarious this week -- I woke myself up in my sleep by sleep talking... in German. I do not remember what I was saying, but I for sure know that it was German! WHOhoo!! That was a new year's resolution this year. Check!
I know me good out. Ü

Liebe Grüße, 

Elder Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment