Monday, June 30, 2014

June 30, 2014

Heyo everyone! There was another big change in the mission, and no, I didn't move to another city already. 
Präsident Schwarz, our mission president, and his wife, finished serving their mission, and Präsident Stoddard and his wife are now here starting their own. It will definitely be different with a new president in the mission! I love the influence Präsident Schwarz had on the mission and I am excited to see what new things come with Präsident Stoddard. It's always so exciting when things change a bit! Love it. 

The branch here is really great. Just is. I felt very welcomed by them all immediately and I hope there are great opportunities to serve the members here. Because I know many of them do their part in missionary work! For example, the branch president's awesome wife invited a mother she met at their childrens' swimming class to come to church on Sunday, so this woman did. She loved it so much that after the meetings, when the branch president's wife introduced her to us (the missionaries), she expressed that she would like to be a member of this church. Boom. Sounds great to me!! People: there are friends and acquaintances who are prepared for this but don't know how to get here. Help them out! 
There is also the coolest part-member family who moved into Belgium (but part of our area still!). They are recently married and the husband is totally willing to come to church. He's a really relatable guy and feels good at church (that would be the Holy Ghost), so he's good with coming back. And having the Elders come by. 
Menschen sind schon bereit! It is so cool to see the hastening of the work being fulfilled. 

I was supposed to give a talk in church yesterday, but I didn't because other speakers went overtime... which was no problem because I found out I was supposed to give the talk the day before. Phew! I am too lucky sometimes. 

My companion fell off his chair this week. It was potentially really dangerous, actually... so I reorganized the chords around his study area in case it happens again. I think when we make goals for next week, we will include staying upright on our chairs when sitting down in them.

I am probably having too much fun with the venus fly trap we bought last week. It works! 
Even though it's fun, we are doing work... but Elder Anderson said it the best: "It isn't missionary work -- it's missionary fun!" Ich stimme zu. 

(Germany beat the USA in soccer! This is the place to be!)
Mucho Liebe, 
Elder Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment