Thursday, July 10, 2014

July 7, 2014

to jilljack, josephjack4893, thecorncrib, Austin, bryce, Charlotte, David, me, Matthew, Matthew
Guess what happened this week?
We met the new mission president, Präsident Stoddard! 
Oh yeah, and a baptism in my last area ... and I got to go Ü. 

Präsident and Sister Stoddard are great. I can tell they were definitely called through inspiration to this mission. The idea is pretty much: Keep pressing forward! Do the work! The work is being hastened by the Lord and we get to be a part of it. Super true, too. I have been seeing that through referrals from investigators, new members, old members, and not even members who believe that we can do something to help people by talking to them about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I can promise, whoever will listen and try to apply the principles we teach, will find something they have been looking for. 

Things are just really happy! Guess what's really cool? After the baptism on Saturday we were riding the train back and there was.. a rainbow. Rainbow's are cool because: 1. They have pretty colors, 2. Rain, 3. That primary song about rainbows, and 4. The symbolism of covenants being made with God. Pretty great stuff, I think. 
The baptized member was just so happy the whole time! She had been searching so long and hard for the truth and I could see and feel a sense of peace that she knew where she was and what she was doing what right. It was beautiful to sense that peace after years of searching. She was just beaming!!

Germany is changing. The work is moving!

Elder Brande didn't fall off any chairs this week -- in fact, he played some great soccer last P-day! Things between us go well. It's fun to be with a companion and the get to know a lot of different people from all over. 

Life is good! It's a choice, too! 

Love, Elder Jack Ü


No comments:

Post a Comment