Monday, July 14, 2014

July 14, 2014

Deutschland hat die Weltmeisterschaft gewonnen! Congrats to Germany! I am so excited that it is finally over because that means that the nights of the games will again be quiet. From 11:30 through at least 12:30 the streets were blaring with wonderful car horns and screaming people who were enthusiastic about their country's win. It's really fun to see Germans so pumped up about soccer! Needless to say, this morning way quite silent on the streets. 

Some weeks test your patience more than others. I am glad I can develop more patience because it will probably be needed in the future. That's how things are, right?

It was so great to see a couple who have been married for 25 years finally get sealed in the temple. I wasn't at the sealing, but in church they were absoltuely glowing. The joy the two of them felt was so radiant! I was very happy to see them eternally together. 

There was a cool Italian guy who stopped us on the street the other day whom we visited. He was super curious about the church and unfortunately just wanted to talk about politics, but when we testified of Jesus Christ (he himself was Christian) his wife walked into the room and she really listened to what was being said. We know that the both of them felt the spirit testify to them and although it seems that he wasn't interested in learning too much more, he knows how to get an answer. That's about all you need to know, rgiht? Get an answer and act on it! It's quite simple. Italians are really nice, too.

I am excited to find new people to teach! Unfortunately, many of the investigators have lost contact because of being in another country, on vacation, or whatever other reasons they felt like coming up with. But we'll get 'em! We're catching those fish! 

My goal this week is to respond to everything -- especially the snide comments and glares -- with love. It is easy to ignore them, but responding with love will be more powerful. I decided that after rereading President Monson's talk from General Conference. Such a great talk! Beautiful insights. No one ever honestly complained about someone who being too genuinely kind. Ü

It has been raining like crazy here! Yesterday I got soaked! The rain is so beautiful. I am so happy to be on a mission! Change a Life!

Love, Elder Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment