Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014

Transfer 8 over. Transfer 9 begun. Time flies by. It seems like just a week ago that I got into Aachen to start working. Now that a new transfer is here, that means changes are also here! This transfer I will train a new missionary (this time starting in his first transfer) here in Aachen. That means bye-bye Elder Brande, which is too bad because I have enjoyed working with him. I honestly think the Lord has been blessing me with the best companions ever! No complaints here.
This will be the first time training from the beginning, so I am super excited to experience what it is like! I get to brainwash the new missionary into doing things the way I think they should be done... whahaha! But hopefully the way I see things is the way the Lord sees things so that it would be for the best. Better change myself for it!

The mission life is really interesting because you see change in people, groups, and yourself. It was funny yesterday in church because the old bishop of the Bonn ward (where I was for 7 months) came to the Aachen branch as high council and he didn't even recognize me until we were in the middle of a conversation. His son, who also came, had recognized me immediately however, and greeted me when he saw me. It's funny to think that you can be forgotten so quickly, but I know that the changes that were left behind won't be. 

It is funny to go find people randomly on the streets or ring the doorbells of members who no longer come to church regularly. Sometimes you get people who answer the door with no pants. Sometimes no shirts. Sometimes they let you in and then realize who you are so they hide behind a door until you leave. Sometimes you get nothing -- that's the worst. But you always feel good about what you are doing because you're helping people. Serve serve serve. Pray, preach, help, pray again. Encourage, love, inspire, motivate. This work is so fulfilling!

In studies I have been reading about the Atonement each day, slowly scanning one chapter of The Book of Mormon, and read Das Buch Mormon in German. I just love that book so much! I stand with Elder Holland in saying that no evil man could have written that book and no good man would have save it were through the power of God. Incredible insights! I know its truth because the things it teaches make life better and bring me closer to God. I feel it every day. Anyone can do it, too! That's the best part!

Mission life rocks. Die Mission ist der Hammer! Haha, regional sayings.

Love, 
Elder Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment