to jilljack, josephjack4893, thecorncrib, Austin, bryce, Charlotte, David, me, Matthew, Matthew

On each Monday
for the past three weeks, directly before coming to the internet cafe,
we have found someone who needs us and our help or has been interested
in the gospel. It has been so cool to be able to meet these people!
Something about emailing.... I think President should have us email home
more often or somethign Ü. Kidding. But still, it's really cool.
Wednesday was fun because I rode down to Frankfurt in preparation to meet our "Goldens" (who are the new missionaries). Wednesday
we had a "Train the trainers" meeting where we had great discussions
and themes based on doctrines of the gospel relating to training. It was
sweet! And then after that we went to the Hotel, where all the goldens
who were dead asleep since 7:00
because of the jet-lag. The funny part was... all the trainers got a
room key and snuck in to the rooms as they were sleeping, quietly got
ready for bed, went to bed, and then when the goldens woke up the next
morning there was another person in the room with them. Ha! They knew we
were coming, but I thought the idea was hilarious.
Thursday was the pairing meeting where we found out who we would be serving with. All of Wednesday
as well as through this meeting there were butterflies in my stomach
because of the excitement! Elder Harrison and I are working together,
and wie gesagt, we get along really well. Couldn't have asked for better
inspiration!
Friday
evening we were invited to a grand celebration of a member's wedding,
which was held in the church. We had to leave early because it went late
into the night, but it was SO MUCH FUN! And not only that, but there
were plenty of members from the ward whom we had not yet met who came,
plus plenty of people who were not familiar with the church with whom we
were able to speak. Needless to say, fun wedding plus missionary
opportunities equals happy elders and great chance to give testimony! It
was super.
I seem to be the designated translator for the Sacrament Meeting each Sunday.
I really enjoy doing it! I now understand even more how important it is
that people speak loudly, clearly, and in an understandable manner.
Translating is hard enough without jumbled thoughts, whispered ideas,
and slangy phrases! Ah, but it's fun.
Things
are going well. We seem to have a great week ahead of us. I am looking
forward to it! Much love from Germany!! As of today, I have been in the
country 11 months. Yikes. That's almost 12!
Love,
Elder Jack
Elder Jack
(I'm going to have a niece!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment