Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014

It's not about statistics; it's about love. I have been learning this throughout my whole mission very clearly and sometimes annoyingly. I have found that by focusing on love, the statistics become more and more impressive because our influence reaches further and touches more hearts.

We had great success this week as we met with people who truly intend to find out why Mormons are the way they are. They are also willing to try it out to see if they like it. New investigators come out of the love members have for their friends and colleagues. It is a real blessing to see how members are changing how they used to treat missionary work and are actively choosing to follow the prophets' counsel to "warn their neighbor." 

I do feel good about the work that I am doing. I am happy doing it! We learned from a lunch appointment with a positive phsychologist this week how to be happy. You know what? I already knew how to be happy because the Book of Mormon has already analyzed these aspects coming out in recent phsychological studies. And it was written thousands of years ago. Of course the understanding of man is increasing. It's wonderful! And it is more of a testimony to me of the wisdom of God because His church provides the wisdom and guidance necessary not only for eternal happiness, but happiness in the lives we live here right now

What happened this week that was exciting? Well, pure missionary work. Good learning opportunities and great teaching opportunities. Love increased. Understanding was gained. That was pretty exciting to me. I find the most exciting things on the mission those little moments that make a world of difference in the lives of our brothers and sisters. I wasn't chased by a dog, hit by a car, punched in the face, or threatened (knock on wood!). But the week was so exciting! I did bear testimony, see the beauty of humans in their eyes, teach, work hard, laugh, love, and grow. What else can we ask for? 

I love it here! 
Love,
Elder Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment