A
God without demands is the equivalent of a God who does not exist. We
are not our own highest authorities. Resenting gravity (a reality) does
not prove it false, just like resenting God will not make Him stop
existing.
The longer you remain single the
more uncomfortable you ought to become. Uh-oh. I think that means I need
to get married after my mission or something. I'll worry about that
later.
Be nice.
Spiritual questions deserve spiritual answers from God.
The
titles "Mother," "Father," "Husband," and "Wife" are definitely titles
which will endure beyond the grave. Who knows if other titles (bishop,
quorum president, governor, king, etc.) will carry on?
1. Take responsibility of yourself spiritually 2. Take responsibility of yourself physically 3. Embrace voluntary whole-hearted obedience 4.
Become really really good at repenting thoroughly and quickly 5. Become
really really good at forgiving 6. Accept that trials, setbacks, and
surprises will come your way
This work is about love, not statistics.
Oh,
and there was so much more. I was thinking about the whole world. What
if every person in the world knew that we had a prophet who guided us in
ways that God told him to? Obviously there are enough people who forget
to follow his counsel, but the simple truth that we have a prophet is
enormous! He's it. That was testified of multiple times in the
Conference itself, and I add my own testimony to that in saying that I
have had the confirming feeling from the Holy Ghost, who works with
Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, that the words of the prophet are true
and they will help. I choose to follow his counsel. I hope we will all
choose that.
On another happy note, we had
people come to Conference who were invited! One of them was a cool
Bulgarian woman we met on a bus. She was driving the bus. She was
surprised that we had a Book of Mormon in her language and seemed
grateful that she could have one. Very kind and loving woman. The other
was a wonderful investigator of ours who had promised to come to the
first session on Sunday.
She did not come to it and we assumed something got in the way, but the
third one we watched she came! Ah, we were so excited! It's so great to
see the faith of people who are willing to progress in the Gospel!!
We
also met with a sweet old woman (I know, lots of woman. I think it's
because our Relief Society is incredible), who was an Olympic Fencer.
Really open and willing to meet again although "she doesn't want us to
convert her." Well, that's no problem by me because she'll do that
herself if she is willing to read the Book of Mormon like she said. The
truths testify to an open soul like hers and she will come to the
decision on her own as we clarify these truths to her. I love it!
Those were the highlights of my week. I hope I do not forget the teachings from this incredible conference! I loved it!
I love missionary work. I love you all for supporting it as well.
Love,
Elder Jack
No comments:
Post a Comment