Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20, 2014

Yahoooo!

I learned this week that I worry too much. I worry that what I do or say will not be right for the people, or that I am not prepared enough for them, or that I will forget something. The problem with that? It's all focused on me (with the convincing excuse that I am focusing on others' needs). I am trying to follow Elder Ballard's recent counsel to us in saying that we don't need to worry about it. We let the Lord worry about it. After all, it is his church. If we are doing the best we can then we don't need to worry. 

There was a baptismal date set this week! The goal is 20. December. 2014. This woman is a really special person who learned much about the church 12 years ago and has since been through quite a lot of setbacks, trials, and hardships. Missionaries to the rescue with a message that things can change! And now, 12 years after initial contact she has a baptismal goal set. So cool. Her countenance has changed since we started meeting with her. She said understanding the Book of Mormon is easier for her now and she is developing a testimony of our Savior and is working hard to make things in her life better. 
Change is beautiful!

We also met three times with some well-primed people whom our ward mission leader had invited to the church. They had noticed a significant change in his life since last seeing him and were bewildered at what had happened to him. He was oddly "ruhig und zu frieden" -- calm and at peace. What was it? Well, he invited them to it and they are now hooked. You just get people reading in the Book of Mormon and understanding its significance and the Holy Ghost testifies of what they need to understand as they read it. We don't do anything but invite! Apparently that's not so hard. At least, not when someone has a softened heart to this joyful message!

There is no stopping a positive attitude! This morning my companion and I filled a jar with positive and uplifting quotes/thoughts to give back to this positive psychologist man I mentioned earlier. He had given us homemade hummus (YUM!) and we wanted to give something back. I'm excited to deliver it to him. I think it'll tickle his fancy. 

This week is Stake Conference again (we had a special one last month) which means that I will see my Bonn ward, plus a bunch of the Düsseldorf people I met on an exchange the other day. It is also the last week of the transfer, so my companion and I are both unsure of whether we will stay after this week. Ahhhh! We both think the other will go although I think we would like to stay working together. We shall see!

"If any of ye lack wisdom, let him ask of God." He answers prayers -- he loves to hear from us! 

Liebe Grüße, 
Elder Jack


No comments:

Post a Comment