Monday, February 16, 2015

February 16, 2015

Oh man, I think I need to learn Chinese! For multiple reasons. I'll explain one of them.
Being in a University city is very fun because there are people from all over the world here. As a stereotype, Chinese people are very smart and go far in their studies so they will do well in their respective field. I find this stereotype to be quite positive and will say that it is somewhat true. We are meeting with multiple Chinese students who show great interest and love for what we have to teach. We are being greatly guided in the teaching and I'm reminded of the a love I had when I worked with Japanese exchange students each summer. They can speak English and German, so communication is no problem. But I'm convinced that these kinds of people are going to be huge tools to build the Lord's kingdom in China when the time is right for it to be available to missionary work. I'm so excited for that whole country to feel the loving power of the gospel message someday!
We are also teaching more Germans than I have ever taught in my mission. One of them is from the Bible circle we attend. Haha. I found out that Chinese girls say the words "ha ha" when they say something funny. Haha. It compounds how hilarious it is! To put it simply, we are teaching far more than I have taught on my mission and I LOVE IT. There are so many lives to change and minds to enlighten. The light of the gospel truly is for everyone. We have people with backgrounds of no beliefs or religion, materialistic views, atheists, hindu, protestand, and catholic. Countries? China, Germany, Nepal, Brazil, and Ghana. These people are all so different. Each soul precious and beautiful. You know, I am so happy to be here right now!
In addition to that, my companion and I definitely are trusted by members in the branch here and are on our way to working with many of their friends. That's how the kingdom is being built! It's strong.
I finished the Old Testament and am reading in Doctrine and Covenants. It's far more interesting and applicable! I expect to plow through it quite quickly because it's so much (I hesitate to say it...) better. It is, after all, revelation that is very very pertinent to our day and age. Great stuff.
Anything else? I had a nice Valentine's Day. We were teaching teaching teaching! Yahoo! Spreading the best love possible!
I look forward to another great week.
Alles Gute!
Liebe Grüße,
Elder Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment