I was kindly reminded this week that
my mood depends very much upon my physical condition. After catching a
cold and feeling like my brain would explode I honestly did not feel
like doing any work after Tuesday.
A great way to start a week, right? But the appointments came
regardless, new friends started to meet with us somehow, and there was
something to do even when we planned in a little "recouperation resting
time" for selfish recovery. I think Heavenly Father was teaching me just
a little diligence and patience this week. Even when I'm sick it's not a
time to rest! There are people to help!! It's an urgent work.
We
have incredible friends here. We disovered that our friend Peng Ying
had not been reading The Book of Mormon regularly and just hadn't been
grasping the concepts because the missionaries who started teaching her
(they were trasnferred out before I got here) had very briefly skimmed
the message of the Restoration. She hadn't understood the truth of it,
which we didn't know, but at a split-second decision before the lesson
we felt the need to simply teach the Restoration. Boom. She gets it now.
She wants to read now. Prayer has more purpose. She even wants to come
to church; previously her biggest struggle. The truth changes peoples'
desires and understanding restored truths brings us so much closer to
God! It was cool to know that we were being guided.Elder Jack is serving in the Germany Frankfurt Mission.
Monday, March 16, 2015
March 16, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment