Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2, 2015

We did yoga this morning and bought food that I consider "storage" because we had enough money from last month and didn't end up eating a lot last week. Today I can do anything!

I have not had an area with so much to do like we do here in Jena! It's incredible to see that even though we have such a small branch that really good missionary work can be done here. It's quite the compliment to the branch, actually. It was hard to meet with all the people we wanted to because we traveled to Frankfurt for mission leadership council (MLC) Friday morning (we took the 5:12 am train to get there on time...zzzzzzz......) and then we stayed the night in Frankfurt because we had a companionship exchange with the Assistants to the President, where I got to have two cool appointments: first, with a 13-year-old who glows when hearing about the gospel and will get baptized next month and second, a spontaneous visit to a member woman and her husband who grew up Lutheran but has such a strong testimony of Joseph Smith's work that he's itching to get baptized!

 We were up for cleaning the church this week. The church did not get cleaned this week. But shhhh! No one said anything. This is what repentance is for.
Getting people to consistently come to church is one of the most difficult things to do right now. We even talked about it at MLC and discussed that it is one of the lower stastistics in the mission currently. I think people are afraid that once they walk into a church service everyone is going to pounce on them and drag them to the baptismal font - - which is NOT what happens! The Spirit gets to touch their hearts. It was great because one of our investigators came to sacrament meeting for the first time and said after gospel principles class that he felt something. Well, my friend, that's the Holy Ghost telling you you're in the right place. He's quite a dependable being!
In studies I remembered how much I love chapter 34 of Alma. The doctrine is presented in such a clear way that I think the style used in presenting what's being said should be analyzed by all missionaries. If I get lazy for a talk in sacrament meeting someday, I might just change the style of speech in the chapter and read it. Good stuff!
You should all go to church! That's where you are supposed to be on Sundays. It's difficult to feel the Spirit as strongly if you aren't learning spiritually important things or renewing covenants to keep Him with you. I highly recommend it for your souls' sakes. I'll go to church if you do... Ü
Have a great week! I love you all! There is Sunshine in my soul today!
Liebe Grüße,
Elder Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment