Monday, June 15, 2015

June 15, 2015

Well, I was on three exchanges with other missionaries this week because the coming week is going to be packed. It is always really fun to work with new people, get to see their style of working and learn from them in subtle ways. It was cool. The week led me to make new goals and resolutions as I approach the last transfer of my mission life next week. 

Although it is a constantly reoccuring thought and theme right now, it still does not feel real that I will be going home at the end of next transfer. Many of the Elders that I came into the mission with are headed home after next week because they were in the MTC for a longer period of time. It is so so strange that people go home! I wonder what it is like there....?

We found out that delivering cake to former investigators of the church opens their hearts and makes them more willing to meet up again after a small misunderstanding. Go cake! 

There is another friend of ours who is well on her way to be baptized soon. It was funny because she was looking at the baptismal clothing -- jumpsuits and other dresses-- that are stored in the chruch and she found all of them absolutely hideous, so she wants to bring her own white clothing that will look way nicer to her baptism. Haha, if that's our biggest concern right now I am feeling pretty good about her progress. 

We continue to help a good friend of ours with his desire to stop smoking. It's been funny to see that the smoking has been less of a concern to us than has been other spiritually dangerous things he would have possibly been involved with. I am learning that accountability is an incredible tool to help people stay out of dark and convoluted paths, so he calls us all the time to let us know how he is doing, what's on his mind, and just talk until he feels like he has the right guidance on what to do. It was AWESOME to get a call late at night on Saturday to hear him report that he had told people he wouldn't get involved with something as simple as drinking a beer they offered to him because he was trying to show his love to God. Wow, that was AWESOME to hear!! He was so proud of himself and it was priceless to hear him say, "I am so happy right now!" I'm proud of our good friend!

This week I am giving a presentation at the Mission Leadership Council about how to intruce the Message of the Restoration to members of specific faiths specific to their religion in a way that will not immediately "turn them off," as it was told to me. This is a cool topic to prepare for! I love the examples from the Book of Mormon that help us out with it. Fun fun fun!! We'll see if others think it is as cool as I think it is.

Well, you'll hear from me next week! Bis dann!

Love,
Elder Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment