Monday, June 22, 2015

June 22, 2015

Taufe Taufe Taufe!!
Inline image 1Inline image 3Inline image 2

This weekend was an awesome one filled with water and the Holy Ghost. It is so funny because at every baptism that I have been able to be a part of on the mission it has rained. Maybe it's just a coincedence, but if so it is a very beautiful one. It reminds me of the baptism song from primary: "I like to look for rainbows whenever there is ran and ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again. I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washd away, and I can be forgiven and improve myself each day. I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain, I want to be the best I can and live with God again." Well, this friend of ours (Julia) is definitely clean. And she was just glowing both days! She's going to make such a great visiting teacher in the ward!

We had zone conference, which was primarily about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how He carries us through all things when we let Him. It was made clearer to me that the closer we are to Christ, the more we see our weaknesses. When we are closer to the light, it is easy for us to see the stains we might have missed in a darker place. Stain-free is the way to be!

We also had MLC with the other leaders in the mission and talked about the Restoration of the Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was cool. The topic I got to present was 'How to present the Message of the Resoration to members of other religions (such as Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, Hindus, etc) in a way that they aren't immediately turned off by something that they don't agree with. The study for this topic was REALLY fun and we went out to "interview" some of these people of these faiths. In the Book of Mormon (Alma chapters 9-35) as well as in Acts 17 there are great examples of people who believe in things that we could compare to certain beliefs in today's world. It was fascinating to make these connections! All in all, it was teaching the principle of Teach People, Not Lessons, because we all have different ways of learning and missionaries need to know and understand how to adapt their teaching styles to fit the needs of those being taught. So much fun. 

Today starts day one of transfer 17. Oh man oh man that makes me nervous, excited... ich bin gespannt. 

This church is the church of Christ. The Book of Mormon is evidence of it. I know that this is true. Only 6 more weeks to help people understand this!! 

Have a great week!

Liebe Grüße, 

Elder Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment