
Yesterday was the official "you only have two months left, so push even harder!" mark. What in the world?
It has been really really hot this week. I love it!
We are working with someone who was referred to us in order to help him stop smoking. This guy is awesome. He started a program on Friday
and we helped him by providing mouthwash, grapefruit juice,
toothpaste/brushes, and a replacement for coffee. We also started his
program with a good breakfast so that he had people to be with to start
it out with. Throughout the days it has been good to keep in close
contact with him and we have even led him through some circuit training
to help him in his desire to lose weight at the same time, which might
be hard. But so far he is doing great!! This kind of change is so cool
to see, especially because he feels motivated to do it for his belief in
God.
I was on a companion exchange with an
Australian guy who lived in Ireland named Elder Faloon. talk about a
cool accent! Definitely Australian, and here and there were little
tidbits of Irish slang thrown in. Super fun. He is a really cool
missionary.
Saturday
was cool because we were in the right place at the right time even
though it wasn't planned. As we were in the apartment after circuit
training the guy who's stopping smoking, we were startled by loud
banging and cried for help from our neighbor across the hall. After not
being able to break into the door the ambulance was called and they
came. Thankfully they were able to get into his apartment through his
opened back window because the door was locked shut and he was sitting
right in front of it having a seizure. Although it was unplanned at the
time we were there, the Lord knew that we needed to be there at that
time. It's so good to know that I am in the right place at the right
time. You know, on a mission you practically always feel like that even
though people might not be listening to you.
People
progressing toward baptism! I love that. I'll talk about them after
they get baptized now because I feel like that'd be best.
In
scripture study I came to better understand why we need faith. It is
there both for us to receive more blessings as well as a protection to
us. Increasing in faith increases in both blessings and protection.
Thanks for that, Alma!
Love you all! I'm going to the zoo today!
-Elder Jack
No comments:
Post a Comment